Reflections of grace and lessons of faith from an abundantly blessed first year pediatrics resident.

Friday, April 15, 2011

A "Nun" and a Cake

Over spring break I got the chance to visit my grandmother and one of my very best friends in the entire world, both of whom live in Charlotte, NC. I took my precious Nana to get her hair permed and laughed so much while we were at the hairdresser; she looks like a nun all covered in her apron and especially with her hair covered in a white towel! 









I also baked a birthday cake for my friend Katy; my Uncle George helped me bake it with his 30 year old beaters...the thing literally started smoking while I tried to make homemade cake icing! (Uncle G saved the day, however, by adding milk to the recipe to thin out the icing and so the old beaters didn't have to work as hard...)





Katy and I in beautiful downtown Greenville, South Carolina.

2 comments:

  1. I love this - and wish I have a slice of that yummy cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should move to greenville! love the pictures

    ReplyDelete