Reflections of grace and lessons of faith from an abundantly blessed first year pediatrics resident.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

And the Search Begins...

...for my new home! I (finally!) submitted my application to 17 different pediatrics residency programs on Thursday, and the rest is officially in the Lord's capable hands. I am not sure where I would like to be as of June 2012, so I applied to a variety of different programs in several states and areas of the country and decided to see what God does. The list of places/cities applied to is as follows (in no particular order):

1. Greenville , SC
2. MUSC, Charleston, SC
3. UNC Chapel Hill, NC
4. Vanderbilt University, TN
5. Univ. Tennessee, Memphis
6.  Univ. of Virginia, Charlottesville
7. Univ. of Florida, Jacksonville
8. Univ. of Alabama, Birmingham
9. Univ. of South Alabama, Mobile 
10. Univ. of Arkansas, Little Rock
11. Univ. of Texas, Austin
12. Mt. Sinai, Manhattan
13. NYC Presbyterian Cornell, Manhattan
14. NYC Presbyterian Columbia, Manhattan
15. Mass General, Boston
16. Univ. of Colorado, Denver
17. Portland, OR

The Lord is in full control and I am excited to see what He has in store. I know that He has a divine and perfect plan in mind and that I need only pray and trust Him as He guides and directs me over these next few months. Please pray that I'd continue to have this peace and that I'd trust fully in Him as I begin the interview process. Interviews should start in October/November. I'll keep you posted along the way!

"In his heart a man plans his course, but it is the Lord who determines his steps."  Proverbs 16:9

No comments:

Post a Comment