Reflections of grace and lessons of faith from an abundantly blessed first year pediatrics resident.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

10 Days and Counting...

...until my plane lands in NYC and I begin a 5 week adventure in the 'Big Apple'! I will be doing an externship (basically a class at a medical school other than mine) at Mt. Sinai Medical Center for four weeks and then spending one week at the end of the trip enjoying time with my sister and brother-in-law, several cousins who live in Manhattan and a few friends who happen to live up there as well. I am looking forward to fantastic Indian take-out and amazing Italian dinners in the upper west side, strolls (and some runs, absolutely!) through Central Park with Mere and her dog, Ladybug, Tim Keller (live and in-person!) sermons at Redeemer Pres on Sunday nights and delectable morning coffee runs to compliment the crisp, cool New England weather! I pulled out the suitcase last night and have already begun to plan what to pack for my 5 week stay. This will be a tad challenging for me, as I am usually a heavy packer (I prefer the "better safe than sorry" motto when it comes to packing enough clothing for long trips) AND winter clothes tend to be bulkier and take up more room in a suitcase than do summer clothes...I guess if it turns out I need to bring two suitcases, then I'll just bring two suitcases! So excited!! 10 days....




Beautiful old wooden bridge in Sleepy Hollow, NY.

Celebrating Halloween with Ben and Mere in Sleepy Hollow - how exciting is that?!

2 comments: