Reflections of grace and lessons of faith from an abundantly blessed first year pediatrics resident.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Prayer of Confession

This prayer is from the service I attended at Redeemer Presbyterian this evening. It is a great follow-up to the blog I wrote earlier this evening. While reading it in church, I smiled at how the Lord speaks to us and how He gently reminds us to look beyond ourselves and to keep our focus on Him...

"Almighty God, in raising Jesus from the grave, You shattered the
power of sin and death. We confess that we remain captive to doubt and fear, 
bound by the ways that lead to death. We waste Your gifts, wander from Your ways, 
and forget Your love. We overlook our neighbor and are constantly fixated on ourselves. 
Forgive us, God of mercy. Help us to trust Your power to change our lives 
and make us new, that we may know the joy of abundant life given in 
Jesus Christ, the risen Lord. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment