![]() |
| Papa and I. |
My "Papa" is one of the most godly men I know. He wouldn't say that he is, but I once read a quote somewhere that said that "the most godly person you know probably doesn't know that they are altogether that godly." That's my daddy.
He's also a very learned man. He is a voracious reader and his favorites are nonfictional books about Jesus and Christianity. I'd venture to say that he's read over 200 books concerning faith over the past few years. I get most of my "next reads" from my dad; If I'm looking for a good book to read, all I have to do is pick up the phone and give him a ring. He's recommended a great number of fabulous books to me over the years and I thought I'd share a few of my favorites with my blogging community in case any of you are in need of a great book. Enjoy!
A Scandalous Freedom by Steve Brown
The Jesus I Never Knew by Phillip Yancey
Hole in the Gospel by Richard Sterns
We Would See Jesus by Roy and Revel Hession
Counterfeit Gods by Tim Keller
Broken Down House by Paul David Tripp
When Sinners Say I Do by Dave Harvey
Crazy Love by Francis Chan
How Now Shall We Live by Charles Colson
Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
Abba's Child by Brennan Manning
Heaven by Randy Alcorn
The Doctrine of God by John Frame
Reason for God by Tim Keller
The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
Confessions by Augustine
Blaise Pascal: Apologist to Skeptics by Charles Sherrard MacKenzie

No comments:
Post a Comment