Reflections of grace and lessons of faith from an abundantly blessed first year pediatrics resident.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Heavens Declare His Glory

A few weeks ago Mobile was hit with some rough weather. We had tornados touching down all over the place and the skies were angry all day. I was on call the day that all of this was going on and I didn't leave the hospital for 24 hours so I missed the excitement of the scary skies that loomed above our city. I did find these pictures online, however, and was amazed when I saw them. Psalm 19:1 sprang to mind immediately: "The heavens declare the glory of God, the skies proclaim the works of His hands."





"To the Lord your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, 
the earth and everything in it," Deuteronomy 10:14.

I went out and looked at the moon a few nights ago after hearing from a friend that the moon would not be so close to the earth again for another 18 years; the moon was supposed to be huge that night. Not only was it huge, but it was gorgeous. It glowed a brilliant yellow-orange color and shined so brightly in the sky that you couldn't help but worship the God who created such a masterpiece. I found this picture online (wkrg.com), I didn't have my camera with me to take my own.


"When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
the moon and the stars which You have established,
what is mankind that You are mindful of them, 
human beings that You care for them? You have made them
a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor...
Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Your name in all the earth!"
Psalm 8:3-5, 9

No comments:

Post a Comment