Some of my friends and I served ice cream to about 100 people at 15Place homeless shelter a few nights ago. It was a blessing to be able to serve and to spend some time with the people whom we met that night. The adults enjoyed the ice cream just as much as the kids did! The smiles we received in exchange for just a few bowls of ice cream were unforgettable. These are just some pictures that my friend Cody took while we were there. I'll post more later.
"Then the King will say to those on His right,
'Come, you who are blessed by my Father;
take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared
for you since the creation of the world.
For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat,
I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink,
I was a stranger and you invited Me in,
I needed clothes and you clothed Me,
I was sick and you looked after Me,
I was in prison and you came to visit Me.....
The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you whatever you did for one
of the least of these brothers and sisters of Mine, you did for Me'".
Matthew 25: 34-36, 40





No comments:
Post a Comment