I am sad that I will no longer have the chance to kiss her cheek or to tell her how "beautimus" her hair is looking lately, but I rejoice in knowing that Granny Goats has been reunited with Poppy and that she has received her reward for being a good and faithful servant of Jesus all of her life. As Paul said, "To live is Christ and to die is gain."
One of my favorite singers, Matthew West, wrote a song for his grandmother when she passed away. The song is entitled "Save a Place for Me." The lyrics are beautiful and written below. To watch the music video and hear the song, click on the pink link below. To see more pictures of Granny Goats, visit April's blog post entitled "A 'Nun' and a Cake."
Don't be mad if I cry, it just hurts so bad sometimes.
Cause every day it's sinking in and I have to say goodbye all over again.
You know I bet it feels good to have the weight of this world off your shoulders now.
I'm dreaming of the day when I'm finally there with you.
Save a place for me, save a place for me.
I'll be there soon, I'll be there soon.
I'll be there soon, I'll be there soon.
Save a place for me, save some grace for me.
I'll be there soon, I'll be there soon.
I have asked the questions why, but I guess the answer's for another time.
So instead I pray with every tear and be thankful for the time I had you here.
So you just save a place for me, save a place for me.
I'll be there soon, I'll be there soon.
I'll be there soon, I'll be there soon.
Save a place for me, save some grace for me.
I'll be there soon, I'll be there soon.
I'll be there soon, I'll be there soon.
I wanna live my life just like you did.
And make the most of my time just like you did.
And I want to make my home up in the sky just like you did.
Oh but until I get there, until I get there you just
Save a place for me, save a place for me.
Cause I will be there soon...
![]() |
| My sisters and I with Granny Goats at Caroline's wedding, May 2011. |
| Poppy and Nana with 3 of their 7 children. |
| My mom (#6 of 7 kids) is sitting on Nana's lap. |
| Granny Goats and Poppy with my Aunt Kathy and Uncle Tom. My great grandmother, also called Nana, is standing next to Poppy. |
| This picture says it all. Love you so much, Granny Goats! |

...I got married in May 2011. Not April 2011. :) You were the Maid of Honor...shouldn't you know this?
ReplyDeleteThese photos of them are great Brit, how'd you get em'?
ReplyDelete