Reflections of grace and lessons of faith from an abundantly blessed first year pediatrics resident.

Friday, June 24, 2011

A Prayer from 'The Valley of Vision'

My changeless God, under the conviction of Your Spirit, I learn that the more I do, the worse I am; the more I know, the less I know; the more holiness I have, the more sin I see; the more I love, the more there is to love. Oh wretched person that I am! I have a rebellious heart that cannot stand before You. How little I love Your truth and Your ways! I neglect prayer by thinking that I have prayed enough. My will is without power of decision or resolution. My heart is without genuine affection. I am too often the evangelical hypocrite, who sins more readily because grace abounds. Give me a broken heart in which I may carry home the waters of Your grace. For my hope is not in me, but in You, my unchanging God, through Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment