Here is a recipe I got from a friend at a brunch party I attended a few weeks ago. This tomato pie was absolutely fantastic! I highly recommend making it this weekend. You will enjoy it, I promise.
Ingredients:
1 pie shell, frozen
2 cups sliced tomatoes
fresh basil (to taster's preference)
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese (the tasty, nicer kind)
1 cup low-fat mayo
Instructions:
Fill empty pie shell with sliced tomatoes and cover with basil. Mix up the two cheeses with the mayo and spread over the tomatoes and basil. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Enjoy!





I'm going to make this tomato pie tonight to go with our rotisserie chicken skewers. Be jealous. Anywho...here is the recipe for the sun-dried tomato/white bean hummus that Christopher and I made two weeks ago. It is absolutely fantastic and I prefer it over store-bought chickpea hummus ANY DAY. Enjoy :)
ReplyDelete1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1.5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 jar sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
1.5 tablespoons of olive oil from sun dried tomatoes
Now...these are the ingredients but Christopher and I tweaked it hardcore to fit our liking. The above measurements are "about" what we used...I'm like mom where I didn't actually measure, just eyeballed and tasted.
Put everything in a food processor. Mix it up until it is a paste/humus consistency. Taste to your liking. We preferred more of a "sun-dried tomato" taste than a "white bean" taste...so we used a lot of sun dried tomatoes. We got the tall,skinny jar of sun-dried tomatoes and there are about four tomato halves left in the jar.
Serve on crusty bread...or if you are ravenous like we were, just rip off bread from a french loaf and eat quickly ;)
P.S. You will have left over if you are making this for yourself. Stores great in the fridge.
Love you.